ECU and ECU Health’s Office of Clinical Research supports the operations and conduct of clinical research programs across the enterprise. We support some of the most innovative clinical research programs across eastern North Carolina, helping to bring the latest medical technologies to the residents of our region. The Office of Clinical Research staff provides services to:
- Assist ECU’s researchers with study start-up and central administration support for contracting, compliance, etc.
- Provide current and accurate information about ongoing clinical studies at ECU to our patients and the public.
- Champion clinical trials for ECU investigators and their research.
We offer research studies in most of our specialties and are happy to pair patients with investigators. Please speak with your provider during an upcoming appointment about available clinical trials. You can also review studies open at our health system through the following link: clinicaltrials.gov
If you have general questions about participating in a clinical trial or other research studies, please email: email@example.com
We are always open to new partnerships and expanding the care we offer our patients. If you are interested in speaking with our team about an upcoming study, please email: OCR.firstname.lastname@example.org
Our office is a central resource for ECU and ECU Health investigators and staff who want to participate in clinical trials research or wish to start an investigator-initiated study. We have dedicated research staff across ECU and the ECU Health system to assist with all aspects of the research lifecycle. The services we provide include:
- Expert consults in budgeting, contract development and clinical research regulations
- Continuing education and training in the responsible conduct in clinical research
- Aiding the development of clinical research projects and programs
- Screening and enrolling patients in clinical research studies
- For information about IRB Approval, please visit: https://rede.ecu.edu/umcirb/ or email: UMCIRB@ecu.edu
- For Quality Improvement project approval, please email: email@example.com
- For Data Requests (once you already have IRB or QI project approval), please submit an “Analytics Data Request” ticket in Service Now.